Sunday, November 16, 2008

Taking the time to celebrate!


The wonderful people in my life came over last weekend to celebrate that Barack Obama is our president elect! I knew there would be no better way to celebrate than with a party and with people I love. We had quite a feast! We drank blue and red cocktails. We all loved the pomegranate martinis the best! We watched Obama's victory speech again and even toasted him. Elyse brought Filet Mignon for the occasion! It is definitely a new day and I am glad I paused with loving family and friends to make sure that we didn't just let the moment pass. I am trying more and more to make sure I don't take things for granted and that I pause. I'm so glad I have intelligent, kind, tolerance, beautiful and informed people in my life!
P.S. We are still sad that Prop. 8 passed. We know it is a momentary loss, however.
That is a picture of Toni above. I love it! She came over with the celebration spirit!



Elyse enjoying a pomegranate martini.
Rebeka and Tim are such a lovely couple! So glad they joined us.

Al and the girls. Thanks for hosting our first of many political parties mom and dad!

Newell and Toni.
Leslie preparing her delicious patriotic salad!
Dinner time!


The 5th batch of pomegranate martinis!
Oh here is Leslie's salad. Yum.Look at Tamie! Isn't she beautiful? She found out days later that she is having a girl!
Abuela and Maggie enjoying the evening.Getting ready to hear Obama's brilliant victory speech.Tamie and I agreed that we should host a commentary show.
The O for Obama cheesecake.

Grrrr....McCain supporters stay away from our party or prepare to be attacked!

Thank you America for voting for my future...

1 comment:

Sylvia Raigosa said...

How fun! I wish I was there to celebrate with all of you. I have been celebrating since Nov. 4th and haven't stopped. This is such an exciting time for our country... I am finally proud to say I am an American!